Sting Assists was built on best practices in sport and community philanthropy, with a made-in-Sarnia-Lambton approach. Our ongoing goal is to help people and organizations in our community and make the Sarnia Lambton area a better place to live for all. Funds collected through Sting Assists initiatives support YOUTH AMATEUR SPORT, SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS, and LOCAL NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS.
This year, financial donations collected throughout the 2021-22 campaign have totalled $65 000 and supported the following community organizations.
1. Lambton AAA Hockey Association
2. Sarnia Minor Hockey Association
3. Lady STING
4. SLEDGE Hockey
5. Mooretown Lady Flags
6. Lambton Shores Minor Hockey
7. EAST Lambton Minor Hockey
8. Noelle’s Gift
9. Pathways Health Center for Children
10. Petrolia Minor Hockey Association
11. Pt. Edward Minor Hockey Association
12. Mooretown Minor Hockey Association
Sting Assists executives Cameron Gordon, Lynn La-Faive & Fred Sterling presented a cheque to representatives from the above organizations prior to the Sarnia Sting hosting the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds Sunday, October 9th.